STEARsoft Cloud Server
Don't like the thought of configuring networks and setting up new hardware?
Use a STEARsoft Cloud Server instead.
It's also included in the cost of the license so is no more expensive (*).
Promotional Free Trial
login with your customer ID and look for 'Cloud Server'.
(*) except for an initial server setup fee, though the current promotion waives this fee.
Helping you to be GDPR compliant, STEARsoft Cloud Server is based on the same attendance system that has been around since 2005, but adds:
- HTTPS secure access from anywhere;
- Secure (HTTPS equivalent) synchronising with the STEARsoft iPhone/iPad/iPod App;
- Two factor login;
- Your data being stored in the UK at a data centre conforming to recognised GDPR compliant security standards;
- iPhone/iPad/iPod data security features (see below);
- Managed equipment with backup power and automatic data backups;
- New features like customisable default read/write access rights;
- Updates to support newer web browsers;
- Support for synchronising larger class sizes.
iPhone/iPad/iPod data security features:
- Only data directly relevent to the teacher is copied to the iPhone App (such as their class lists their timetable and their attendance data);
- In-built to the iPhone, your data is encrypted and secured;
- iCloud and iTunes backups of your STEARsoft data are blocked so data is not spread beyond the single copy on the single device;
- An auto-delete feature ensures that the data stored on an iPhone is deleted automatically if not synchronised with the STEARsoft Cloud Server for a specified (customisable) number of days. This ensures no 'forgotten', lost or stolen copies of data hang around.
The above is in addition to the regular features of STEARsoft:
- Traditional whole sheet attendance register views to give control and convenience to the teacher;
- Time saving flood fill options, directly book-markable pages and smart timetable based highlighting to save precious seconds in the classroom;
- Automatic real-time attendance analysis with suspicious/inconsistent attendance flagged up to the relevant teacher for attention;
- Web based to enable use from almost any desktop, tablet or mobile device;
- Powerful attendance analysis tools;
- Organised outstanding-absence-note list for each class;
- A convenient inbuilt incident recording feature to help teachers manage their classroom.
Why isn't it more expensive? The expense of the server equipment is offset by the reduced support cost (the majority of support requests historically revolved around trouble-shooting network connectivity issues).
Order or find out more